Auditions for Surrey Youth Orchestra
short essay on our helpers canada rx discounters help writing an exemplification essay viagra w dapoxetine overnight viagra dangerous for young people comprar viagra femenina barata essay leadership purposive sampling in research christmas paragraph writing follow link https://pittsburghgreenstory.com/newyork/where-does-the-thesis-in-an-essay-go/15/ http://snowdropfoundation.org/papers/getting-essay-help/12/ pop culture research paper topics arlington virginia homework help follow link cialis springdale see go here how do you write an introduction for an essayВ see blaugh archive casino viagra sluts help me with my research paper writing prompts reddit http://belltower.mtaloy.edu/studies/essay-writer-reviews/20/ follow link proquest dissertation and thesis order form https://reprosource.com/hospital/buy-gonorrhea-treatment-online/72/ http://www.trinitypr.edu/admission/buy-college-essays-the-best-place/53/ verbel viagra https://aspirebhdd.org/health/where-to-order-real-viagra-inexpensive/12/ sildenafil and libido argumentative essay social media Surrey Youth Orchestra welcomes musicians age 8 – 22 to audition for our 2020/2021 season.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN AUDITIONING FOR THE SURREY YOUTH ORCHESTRA!
Students must be proficient at the following levels at a minimum to audition:
Conductor Andrea Taylor leads this orchestral experience for string players of new ability. The Prelude Strings is designed to teach beginning ensemble skills, musical interpretation as well as rhythm development, rehearsal etiquette, and note-reading skills.
Requirements: reading and playing at or above Grade 1 RCM or end of Suzuki book 1. Minimum age: 6 years old
Prelude Strings audition video includes: 1) a solo of your choice 2) a quick study repertoire 3) scales
Intermezzo Strings perform music that will build upon theoretical and musical concepts covered in the Prelude Strings. Emphasis will be given to listening skills as related to playing in a large ensemble. Conductor Andrea Taylor chooses contrasting repertoire to introduce students to a variety of musical styles.
Requirements: reading and playing at or above Grade 4 RCM or Suzuki book 4. Minimum age: 8 years old
Intermezzo Strings audition video includes: 1) a solo of your choice 2) a quick study repertoire 3) scales
Under the baton of conductor Ben Goheen, the Symphonic Strings performs major repertoire from the standard string orchestra literature while learning the skills needed for excellent orchestral playing.
Requirements: reading and playing at or above Grade 7 RCM or Suzuki book 6. Minimum age: 11 years old
Symphonic Strings audition video includes: 1) a solo of your choice 2) a quick study repertoire 3) scales
Wind & Brass Ensemble
The Wind Ensemble of brass and wind players will develop their skills by sectionals before entering the rehearsal with the senior orchestra. Instructors Bernard Blary and Greg Farrugia offer interesting and challenging sectional training for its members.
Under the direction of conductor Joel Stobbe, this premiere full symphonic orchestra is comprised of students who demonstrate strong musicianship and highly advanced technical level. The group performs a wide range of demanding orchestra repertoire.
Requirements: playing at or above Grade 8 RCM. Minimum age: 13 years old
Senior Orchestra audition video includes: 1) a solo of your choice 2) an orchestral excerpt, please see below 3) a quick study repertoire 4) scales
What does an SYO audition video entail?
- Fill out your online application form.
- After your application is processed, you will receive your audition-preparation details and a quick study repertoire via email.
- This packet will outline the specific audition requirements for your instrument and contain a quick study repertoire excerpts you will be expected to perform in the video.
- Record a solo repertoire of your choice (3 min max) and the quick study repertoire excerpts in your audition packet.
- Students may also be asked to demonstrate basic techniques on their instruments, which may include knowledge of major and minor scales and/or bowing/tonguing techniques. *Woodwinds and brass instrument students are expected to have private music teachers also place the highest priority in preparation for the excerpts.
- A link and a submission date will also be provided in the email to upload your audition video.
What is the SYO time commitment?
- Prelude Strings 9:00 AM-10:00 AM
- Intermezzo Strings 10:30 AM-12:00 PM
- Symphonic Strings 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
- Senior Orchestra 9:30 AM-12:00 PM
Periodical email updates are sent to all SYO members and should be checked frequently as rehearsal information is subject to change. In addition to weekly rehearsals and the season highlights, the SYO hosts two chamber music workshops and other exciting activities throughout the year. Attendance is mandatory for all activities.